After School Assistance Program - Parents Expectation
The goal of the YMSC After School Assistance Program, is to provide an avenue by which its youth affiliates receive assistance with homework and identified areas of need.
As a parent of a child participating in this program, YOU are EXPECTED to be:
- COMMITTED to signing your child up for either Tuesdays & Thursdays or Tuesday or Thursday sessions.
- ACCOUNTABLE for assuring that your child attends the program REGULARY. (If your child should miss (2) consecutive sessions without notifying the Director, a fee of $5 will be assessed before your child can reenter the program)
- RESPONSIBLE for sending and receiving Progress Reports to and from your child’s teacher. Ensure that the form is competed in full and returned to your team manger on or before the assigned day (No form, will result in your child not be permitted to participate in games until a completed form is submitted)
- WILLINGLY sign your child up to attend the YMSC After School Program, even if they are performing well in school. If he/she is having difficulty in school (this is not an option, it is MANDATORY if your child is to participate in games)
- NOTIFY the Director of ANY concerns you have with regards to…your child and his/her progress, tutors, counselors, volunteers, and/or the program itself.
- ATTEND at least (4) of the Counselor Sessions (they benefit YOU and in turn help YOUR CHILD)
- PARTICIPATE in ANY or ALL activities put on by this program.
- SUPPORTIVE of your child.
- REASONABLE about what your child can/cannot accomplish within the time allotted in this program. (this may mean that your child may have to complete homework tasks when he/she gets home)
- REALISTIC about the goals you set for your child as he/she participates in this program.